P. O. Box 9387 | SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84109 | 801-542-0519 | CAMERONM@UALHD.ORG
1. To support and strengthen the role of local health departments by providing leadership in developing a pro-active stance for public health through education, training, and communication among local health board members.
2. To provide a cooperative forum for an exchange of ideas and the advancement of solutions to common public health concerns.
3. To advocate for public health matters before locally elected officials, the Utah State Legislature, and the citizens of the State of Utah.
4. To improve communications among health related organizations and the Utah local boards of health.
5. To provide a forum for the evaluation of federal and local laws and regulations in terms of their impact on local public health services.
The mission statement of the Utah Association of Local Boards of Health is to preserve, promote, and protect the public health of the citizens of the State of Utah by developing, strengthening, and integrating the functions of local boards of health.
Local boards of health in Utah are responsible for ensuring the development and implementation of public health policy in our communities. UALBH provides the mechanism for bringing all local public health concerns to the attention of those individuals responsible in developing public health policy at the state and national levels.
We believe a grassroots organization of this type can restore some of the resources needed to combat the increasing barrage of public health problems.
|2016 Annual Symposium|
|2015 Symposium Presentations|
|2014 Symposium Presentations|
|2012 Symposium Presentations|